Monday, January 31, 2011

January Mosaic

I'm in a better mood now. Here's why:
Snow day tomorrow - Check.
Make taking pictures a habit - check
31 days and 31 pictures - check.
Survive January - check. :)

We are now 1/12th (or, if you prefer decimals, 8.4 %) of the way through.

Reminder to self:
This project allows me
  1. to be creative
  2. to see things differently
  3. to think about something other than work
  4. to stay connected to my friends
  5. to engage my brain in learning and then applying that new knowledge
  6. to have a positive outlet for thoughts and emotions
  7. to go to new places and try new things
  8. to view and appreciate others' work and creativity
  9. to form a new good habit
  10. to build my photo portfolio

Each photo, good or bad, contributes to the ultimate goal of becoming a better photographer.

2 comments:

  1. I love the mosaic- tell me how to make one!
    I'm glad you're in a good mood and off today :) I've already been out taking pics of the ice!
    Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Febuary to you too! I can't wait to see what shots you got. I'm just waking up. Guess I missed the "golden hour" he he

    So here's what I did:
    1. I went to bighugelabs.com and clicked on mosaic maker. here's the link- http://bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php
    2. once I had it the way I wanted, I saved it to my compter then uploaded it to picnik.
    3. I added a frame (with increased caption height) and text

    ReplyDelete