Saturday, March 5, 2011

64/365 - self portrait


So, I guess its time for a self portrait. Without a shutter release, this is a bit challenging. I set up the drum, autofocused, then switched to manual focus. Set the timer, then run around the camera and drum. sit down, get positioned, and I hope I made it in ten seconds without bumping the tripod. Whew. Get up, look at the picture, make adjustments and do it again.
On the last photo I stuck a halogen flashlight inside the drum to light the head.

3 comments:

  1. Really beautiful, my friend. You got the lighting perfect. You are georgeous.

    Can't wait to see you today.
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Paige. I can't wait to see you either. I do enjoy our little outings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love love love love the picture of you playing the drums (#1)! These had to be a challenge to take and get the focus right. You did a spectacular job!!! All of them are cool, but I love the look on your face on the first one. You look so focused!
    I had fun with you girls today and can't wait for next weekend! (This time I'll remember my camera! :)

    ReplyDelete