Thursday, February 10, 2011

41/365 - WWW3 - Man Hands

What is it about a man's hands that are so sexy? Since I started thinking about this theme I've asked several women "What do women want?", "What do/would you look for in a man?" etc. Surpirisingly, quite a few said something along the lines of "I don't know if this is what your looking for or why I do this, but I always look at a man's hands". I thought it was just me (and my friend P).

I did a quick web search and thought whoever wrote this summed it up nicely:

"Hands can be a symbol of so much. So many different kinds of work are done by hands; sometimes even the worker is referred to by his/her hands....farm hand, all hands on deck, and so on. Hands can be so very strong, and at the same time are capable of performing the most delicate maneuvers---I'm thinking of a surgeon or a musician. They can show such tenderness and love. They can tell much about a person,too-- are they smooth, rough, or covered in scratches and scars? Are they soft and pale or tanned and calloused? I don't know if men pay as much attention to hands as women tend to, but maybe one of the reasons women tend to admire them is because when we see a large, strong man's hand entwined with the smaller woman's hand, we think of protection. Or maybe it's much simpler.....maybe when we are feeling that vibe of attraction, we just naturally look at his hands and imagine them exploring every inch of our bodies..."

ps. not the best pic, I had to take it quickly. I did what I could to salvage it.

5 comments:

  1. I like your composition-
    I don't know why, but I tend to look at mens' hands too. For some reason I like them when they're NOT so calloused and neatly manicured. However, not being the "nails and makeup" kinda gal, I'm always self-conscious about my own hands because I don't spend a lot of time polishing and manicuring them- they usually look pretty ragged.
    On my WWW list I have CHIVALRY....you need to add that to your list and take a picture of a man opening a woman's car door or offering his arm to a woman. That attracts me soooooo much! That and HUMOR...and caring...and intelligence...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO...Thanks for the ideas! I'm with you on the chivalry. so sexy! especially when its real and not to just get in your pants. ;)
    I'm not a "nails and makeup" kinda girl either so I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the black and white. Good composition (catch me using the lingo) I like a man's hands on the rough side. Hands that look like they work hard and could protect me. But usually a man with hands like that opens him mouth and suddenly I'm not attracted anymore.

    PMB

    ReplyDelete
  4. woot woot you're learning the terms.
    That's such a bummer when the mouth ruins it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the lingo Paige! And agreed about opening the mouth and not being attracted...

    ReplyDelete